Money Folders is a software tool that allows you to gain control over your finances! It assists you in implementing an Envelope style budgeting system where you control your money instead of the other way around. Most budgets fail! Most people start budgeting with the best of intentions. They are going to set aside money for that vacation they have been dreaming of or control how much they are spending eating out at restaurants. They sit down with the calculator, pen and paper and meticulously draw out a budget where every cent is accounted for and every bill is listed. Two months later the budget is in the trash or otherwise forgotten. It's not their fault! Traditional budgets are destined to fail! The problem with traditional budgets is that they are reactive by design. You don't really know how you did adhering to your budget until you have already busted the budget. What is needed is a pro-active budgeting solution. That is where Money Folders saves the day. Money Folders utilizes the "Envelope" style of budgeting. The idea is that every possible expense will have it's own envelope or folder. You can think of the folder as what a "category" would be in a normal budget. In a traditional envelope budget, you would place cash inside of each envelope each pay day. Then as you needed to purchase items or pay bills, you would remove cash from the envelope and place the receipt for that item inside. With this methodology it is very easy to see when your cash is low in any given envelope, and when the cash is gone you are done with that category. Using this method you cannot bust the budget. If your "Eating Out" envelope is empty then you cannot eat out again until you get paid and replenish the envelope. Money Folders brings the "Envelope" budgeting system into the modern, mostly cashless society. Traditional envelope budgets fall apart when you start utilizing your debit or credit card for purchases or have direct deposit paychecks. We make it easy!
» version 22.214.171.124 - posted on 2008-09-29
» version 126.96.36.199 - posted on 2008-09-29
EULA - End User License Agreement
Money Folders Personal Finance Software
1. We grant you one license to install and use this software on a single computer at a time. If you do not agree to the following terms of this license, please uninstall and remove all copies and return the product within 30 days of your purchase for a full refund.
2. You may install and use the software on another computer, but the software should not be in use on more than one computer at a time unless you purchase additional licenses. You may make back-up copies of the software for archival purposes. You may permanently transfer your license to use the software to another party who will be bound by this agreement, provided you do not retain any copies of the software.
3. The software is protected by the copyright laws of the U.S. and other countries, and we retain all intellectual property rights in the software. You may not separately publish, sell, market, distribute, lend, lease, rent, or sublicense the software. However, this license is not to be construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law, such as permitted library and classroom usage or reverse engineering.
4. We warrant that the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product specification on our website when you purchased it and in the product documentation. Media on which the Software is furnished, if any, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
5. We have taken all reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or any other harmful code. We will not track or collect any information about you, your data, or your use of the software except as you specifically authorize. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the software or access to your data.
6. We do not warrant that the software or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
7. Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at our option, either a full refund of the purchase price or correction of the defective software or media. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement. Nothing in this agreement limits our liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from gross negligence, fraud, or knowing misrepresentation on our part.
8. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect. This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
9. This agreement will be governed by the laws, including Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, of the state in which you reside. If your state has enacted the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) or substantially similar law, said statute shall not govern any aspect of this agreement and instead the law as it existed prior to such enactment shall govern.
10. This agreement does not supersede any express warranties we made to you. Any modification to this agreement must be agreed to in writing by both parties.